Overview of Disbursements
Disbursements can include money paid out to run a business, spending cash, dividend payments, and/or the amounts that a lawyer might have to pay out on a person’s behalf in connection with a transaction. please follow the steps below to become familiar with the disbursements section of the transaction tracker.
Table of contents
Selecting Disbursements to View
- To view disbursements from the current month, select Disbursements.
- To change the month being shown click the arrows next to the date or enter the start and end date in the dialogue boxes near the top of the page and click Search.
- To enter a new expense, select Enter New Expense and enter the new expense’s information. Entry of a new expense will require the following information:
- After entering a new disbursement you will be returned to the disbursement register where you can view the disbursements you have entered. Depending on how your disbursements were entered, you may see the following options.
- Show Button
- Whenever a “Split” transaction is entered and saved, that transaction will appear with a Show button. Clicking Show will display the multiple categories associated with that transaction. Once displayed, the Show button will be replaced with a Hide button. Clicking this will return the disbursement register to the original view.
- Cleared Checkbox
- Each expense entry appears with a Cleared check box to the right of the entry. Entries that originate from a source that is associated with the bank account will automatically be entered into the Checkbook and will be included in the reconciliation process. When a charge has been reconciled, the Cleared check box on the disbursements page will be checked.
Editing Expense Items
- To edit an existing expense item, select Edit next to that expense item. The details for that expense item will then appear. Make the necessary changes and click Save to accept your changes or click Cancel to ignore your changes and return to the disbursements list.
Exporting Your Disbursements
- An export button is available at the bottom of the disbursements register. To export your disbursements, select Export. This will generate an Excel spreadsheet containing the data points for the selected disbursements. The dialogue box that displays will offer the option of opening the Excel sheet or saving the Excel sheet to a file that can be opened later.