The Customer Relationship Manager
The new Customer Relationship Manager is a powerful sales force automation and customer relationship management tool that helps you to manage and track events, birthdays/anniversaries, date/time, weather, marketing programs and follow up tasks related to all of your key business contacts. All these types of activities are managed from the main Customer Relationship Manager dashboard.
With the new CRM you will have a list of features provided on the left hand side of the screen. Below are the features that are offered to you:
1. Dashboard- Home screen which displays summary of Events, Tasks, and Proposals. Within the Dashboard you will have access to the following features:
- Events: View and track events related to your contacts
- Birthday/Anniversaries: A quick glance at this month’s birthdays and anniversaries.
- Tasks: View and track tasks related to your contacts
- Today’s Date- Track date/time and weather in the area provided
- Touch Points: View and track follow-up tasks that you created for your contacts
2. CRM Tools- Manage your sales and marketing activities
- Calendar– View and edit all of your upcoming events, tasks, and appointments in a day, week, or month view
- Tasks– Add, edit, and assign sales and marketing tasks related to your contacts.
- Contacts– Manually add or edit your contact data
- Leads– Manage your leads and lead activities
- Notes– Attach notes to your contacts and activities
- Events– Create and track events related to your contacts
- Marketing Programs– Track responses and revenue generated by your company’s marketing programs
- Proposals– Create and assign responsibility for customer proposals
- Touch Points – Allows you to create a follow up task from the Dashboard as well as the contacts screen.
3. Administration Tab– Allows you to customize all fields within the Customer Relationship Manager interface as well as enter your SMTP settings. Click on the Administration tab to see the following drop down items:
- List Maintenance– Add, Remove, and Edit fields for Contacts, Campaigns, Events, Proposals, Transactions, Issues, Tasks, Status, and Priority Ratings.
- Group Security- Managers can grant specific users access to groups within the CRM. Any contact assigned to the group will show in the user’s account.
- User Defined Fields- User defined fields are custom fields you create to track information specific to certain subject areas. Create an unlimited amount of custom fields for your contacts that aren’t already captured by the system i.e. county or customer number.
- Company Maintenance- Add, Remove, and Edit Company Names
- Company Merge- The company merge form will allow you to take two company names and merge them into a single name. Select the source company from the first drop down list and then select the destination company from the second drop down list. Finally click “Merge”.
- SMTP Settings- Complete with your email information so that reminders can be sent out via email from the CRM system. Username and From Address are the same: your full email address.
4. Import contacts- Opens the Import Contacts Wizard so you can import data from other applications such as Excel and Outlook.
5. Export Contacts- Select Contact Types and details to be exported into a .csv file.
6. Merge contacts- There may be a chance of accumulating duplicate records. You can search the duplicates and merge them for a better organization of records. This feature gives you the option to specify criteria to find duplicate records.
7. MailChimp- Move your CRM contacts into your MailChimp list so that you can easily plan, schedule, and personalize your email marketing campaigns.
8. Synced External Account- Sync your CRM with your Google account.